Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lost Girl - SciFi and TV Talk: Ksenia Solo Interview

Source: SciFi and TV Talk [follow link for complete interview]

Lost Girl Monday

SCIFI AND TV TALK: Girl Friday: Catching Up With Lost Girl's Ksenia Solo

by Steve Eramo
02/27/201


Smart, sassy and streetwise – when it comes to getting out of a tricky situation, Lost Girl’s Kenzi has plenty of experience. Despite coming from well-connected family, she chose to make her own way in the world. Sometimes that requires her to do things most of us would consider not strictly legal, but for Kenzi it is a matter of survival. It was one such escapade that led to her crossing paths with Bo, a beautiful woman with a secret alter ego. Their subsequent friendship has forever altered Kenzi’s life and introduced her to a world she never knew existed. For actress Ksenia Solo, who plays Kenzi, it was the beginning of a brand new TV adventure and taking on a role she has worked hard to make her own.

Kenzi is such a special character because she’s not one-dimensional. In fact, she’s the exact opposite,” says Solo. “She’s a thief – a very successful thief – and this really brave, tough girl. At the same time she’s also vulnerable as well as extremely loyal and bright. Kenzi is all these kinds of wonderful things, and as an actor you want to be believable playing this girl who grew up on the streets. There are so many aspects of her that I have found challenging, but that has really fueled my fire. I’m not happy unless I’m challenged, and I’ve had to help build this character from the ground up. When I was first ‘introduced’ to Kenzi I thought, ‘Oh, my God, I can’t do this,’ which is why I knew I should do it...

Photobucket

... With production on season three of Lost Girl scheduled to begin in a couple of months, what are Solo’s hopes not only for her character of Kenzi but also the show as a whole going into its third year?

Ksenia Solo: “My hope is that we continue to grow and get better, that we continue to have strong storylines, that our characters really shine in the best way possible, and that we continue to make a kick-ass TV show that people love to watch and are entertained by,” says the actress. “You never want to stay stagnant, especially me as an actor. I don’t want to play the same note all the time. I want to explore different sides of Kenzi, and I hope she experiences more awesome adventures. I love doing the action and the fight scenes. Falling in love isn’t so bad, either. I know Kenzi’s heart is a little sensitive after season two, but it’s always neat to introduce someone who can sweep her off her feet. So I just hope the fun continues,” she enthuses...


Lost Girl season one airs Monday at 10/9C on Syfy. Season two premieres on Monday, April 16, 2012 at 10/9C on Syfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment