Friday, April 1, 2011

Stargate Universe - MGM: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Patrick Gilmore

Source: MGM

Photobucket

STARGATE UNIVERSE - MGM: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Patrick Gilmore

STARGATE BLOG

By Ten Things, Apr 1st, 2011

Dr. Dale Volker is really good at keeping his cool. Dr. Rush picks on him relentlessly, but this reserved genius takes it all in stride. He has yet to find a love interest aboard Destiny... unless you count his love/hate relationship with Dr. Brody. He may be "just a scientist", but he's a strong person. He made it through his claustrophobia and kidney failure, and thank goodness, because deep down Rush knows he needs Volker around.

In real life, Patrick Gilmore wants to be Indiana Jones. Let's see what else there is to know about him:

Photobucket

1. I was a downhill racer and won a silver medal at the Junior Olympics for Giant Slalom.

2. My Dad played left wing for the Edmonton Oilers.

3. I took voice training for years and competed in music festivals singing opera.

4. I was once the lead singer of a band. We recorded a CD but spent most of our time playing University bars.

5. I have a degree in English Literature from the University of Alberta.

6. After graduating from high school I was scouted to play junior football. I was a running back.

7. I'm a sucker for anything Indiana Jones related. Except the 4th movie.

8. Before Stargate I had to shovel brick with a demolition crew to pay the bills.

9. My secret shame is a large bag of Legos that is under my bed. I have no plans of getting rid of it.

10. A few years back I managed a used book store. It was there I read everything Steinbeck wrote.


Follow Patrick on Twitter @patrickgilmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment