Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bones - Assignment X: Exclusive David Boreanaz Interview

Source: Assignment X [follow link for complete interview]

Bones Cast

ASSIGNMENT X: Exclusive Interview: David Boreanaz digs BONES

The actor talks plot, tone and a new movie

By ABBIE BERNSTEIN / Contributing Writer
Posted: March 10th, 2011

Poor Seeley Booth. Sure, the BONES FBI special agent and former military sharpshooter played by David Boreanaz is at the top of his game as a lawman, but when it comes to love, he faces one setback after another. At the end of Season Five, he wanted to make a go of it with Dr. Temperance “Bones” Brennan, played by Emily Deschanel, but the thought of that kind of intimacy with her good friend and partner frightened her.

Between seasons, Booth fell for globe-trotting ace journalist Hannah Burley (Katheryn Winnick), and this season, the two moved in together, but the romance fell apart when Booth proposed marriage and Hannah declined. Now Booth is defiantly single again, embracing his professional partnership with Brennan (who has acknowledged she may want something more, but Booth is now gun-shy) and tracking a sniper (THE MUMMY’s Arnold Vosloo) with ties to Booth’s past.

Boreanaz, who is also a producer and director on the hit Fox series, sat down to talk about the current season of BONES...

Photobucket

... ASSIGNMENT X: Is Season Six going as you hoped it would?

DAVID BOREANAZ: Yeah, I think it’s going better than I thought it would. I went into the season pretty much hoping for the best on all levels, and it’s pleasantly surprised me. I think the writing’s been very strong, I think the relationship has been very interesting and the fact that it’s not very heavy B and B [Brennan and Booth] right now, they were kind of separated with the triangle with the relationship with [Hannah], I think it’s good, because we can always go back to good old-fashioned B and B cases, which is what the show is about. but we’ve done some great shows and I’ve enjoyed directing so far, I’ve had one [episode, “The Bullet in the Brain,” which aired January 27] out after the premiere of the second half, I’m doing another one, so I’ve really enjoyed that aspect of it. It’s busy, it’s a lot of work, but I like the way the characters are unfolding. I’m happy with it...

Bones airs on Thursday 9/8C on FOX

No comments:

Post a Comment