Monday, June 4, 2012

Once Upon A Time - TV Guide: Ask Matt Jun 4 '12

Source: TV Guide [follow link for complete column]

Once Upon A Time 3

TV GUIDE: Ask Matt: Thrones, Mad Men, NCIS, Rumpelstiltskin and More


Jun 4, 2012
by Matt Roush

Send questions and comments to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow on Twitter!


... Question: [from Twitter]: Why no Emmy prediction for Robert Carlyle? The man is acting his heart and soul out in Once Upon a Time. For me, he is pure "gold!" — Joanna



Matt Roush: This question is referring to my Emmy predictions as one of the "experts" (their word) on the GoldDerby awards website. An imperfect science, to be sure, and these are my predictions, not always my preferences. And I reserve the right to change my predictions and rankings should I see fit. The category of supporting actor in a drama was especially tricky, and I'm already considering flipping Breaking Bad's Giancarlo Esposito to the top of the list (although John Slattery has killed this season on Mad Men, and at some point the Emmy voters are going to have to start rewarding some of the actors on this show). Robert Carlyle is displaying wicked range as Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold, and he's easily one of my favorite characters and performances on Once Upon a Time. Given the show's success, it may get more Emmy attention than a typical fantasy series tends to attract in its first year. But given how strong and deep so many drama ensembles are these days, it may be a while until any of the cast is singled out. Should he break through, it would be a pleasant surprise (depending on who gets cut to make room for him, that is)...

No comments:

Post a Comment