Sunday, June 3, 2012

Longmire - Collider: Katee Sackhoff Interview

Source: Collider [follow link for complete interview]

longmire2a

COLLIDER: Katee Sackhoff Talks LONGMIRE, RIDDICK with Vin Diesel, Auditioning for ONCE UPON A TIME, and Reflects on the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Series Finale

by Christina Radish
May 26th, 2012


The A&E drama series Longmire, based on the Walt Longmire mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson, is a contemporary crime thriller set in Big Sky country. Walt Longmire (Australian actor Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, who buries the pain of losing his wife behind a brave face and dry wit. With the help of Victoria “Vic” Moretti (Katee Sackhoff), a female deputy new to the department, Longmire becomes reinvigorated about his job and committed to running for re-election, as he rebuilds his personal and professional life.

During this exclusive interview with Collider, actress Katee Sackhoff talked about how this show came about and how it came down to either Longmire or the ABC fantasy series Once Upon A Time (she was up for Jennifer Morrison’s role), how she identifies with her character, and what she enjoys about working with this cast. She also talked about what appealed to her about doing the next Riddick film with Vin Diesel, her crazy audition process for the role, her feelings about the Battlestar Galactica finale, and her dream of playing a country singer who falls in love with a rodeo cowboy (for the film Paper Wings)...


kateesackhoffasvicmoretti2A

... Collider: How did Longmire come about for you? Had you been looking to do another TV show?

KATEE SACKHOFF: "I hadn’t. I actually opted out of pilot season and said I wasn’t going to do it again, and that I was going to focus on film. My manager has been my manager since I was 17, and he says that he’s supposed to be smart for me when I can’t do it for myself. He would slide the good ones across my desk, and there were two that I loved. One was Once Upon A Time, and one was Longmire. I went in five times on Once Upon A Time. I took one meeting on Longmire, and I met Greer Shephard and I said, “I want this job because of that woman. I love this woman.” So, I walked away from Once Upon A Time and focused on Longmire. It was just those two jobs. Those were the only two pilots I loved that year.

I loved the idea that Wyoming is a world that’s a bubble for these people. I found that so interesting. Something about Battlestar, that I didn’t realize when I took the job, was this whole bubble aspect of closing people in and seeing what they do. This is the opposite of that. It’s about giving everybody wide open space and seeing what they do. I enjoy that idea of this show. I like the fact that there is nobody around. As people, right now, we’re so over-stimulated in this world that I don’t know what I’d do in Wyoming. I really don’t know what I’d do. I would probably have a heart attack because I’d be so lonely and I’d actually have to listen to myself think. That’s a terrifying prospect for myself, and I’m sure many other people, as well. We leave TVs on in our house. I listen to my record player, constantly, to just hear music. I’m really intrigued by this idea of solitude. I’m excited about that, especially because we get to live in it. It’s kind of cool...
"


Longmire premieres Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 10/9c on A&E. Cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Cassidy Freeman and Adam Bartley.

No comments:

Post a Comment