Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Big Bang Theory - Pop Candy: A chat with ... actress Mayim Bialik

Source: USA Today's Pop Candy

Bang 2

THE BIG BANG THEORY - POP CANDY: A chat with ... actress Mayim Bialik


Dec 22, 2011
By Whitney Matheson


There are many things to love about The Big Bang Theory -- Sheldon's quips, Howard's belt buckles -- but in 2011 actress Mayim Bialik really shone in her growing role as Sheldon's special someone, Amy Farrah Fowler.

In real life, Bialik is a busy mother with a neuroscience degree who also writes (in fact, she has a parenting book out in March). I caught up with her to talk about the future of Amy and how Big Bang has changed her life...

Photobucket

Mayim Bialik and Johnny Galecki from The Big Bang Theory

... Q: What has working on The Big Bang Theory taught you?

The industry has changed a lot in the 25 years since I've done sitcoms. It's a lot different being an adult with a very different perspective.

Mayim Bialik: "But I think ... I love my craft. And it sounds so pretentious, but I don't really care what it looks like when you watch it on TV -- that's not my job. My job is to create all week and to play with words and to make people laugh, and sometimes to make people cry. That's the beauty of it. And it's a real gift to work with somebody like Jim (Parsons), you know? He really loves his craft that way and can really bring out so much in me as an actor..."

The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8/7C on CBS and returns with NEW episodes on January 12, 2012 with 'The Shiny Trinket Maneuver.'

No comments:

Post a Comment