Monday, November 14, 2011

Doctor Who - The Independent: Q & A with Freema Agyeman

Source: The Independent [follow link for complete Q & A]

Doctor Who Season 2

THE INDEPENDENT: Q&A with ‘Doctor Who’ star Freema Agyeman


By Neela Debnath
Monday, 14 November 2011


Best-known as Martha Jones, the second companion to David Tennant’s Doctor, former ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘Torchwood’ actress Freema Agyeman was in attendance at the London MCM Expo at the ExCel Centre. She spoke to me about ‘Doctor Who’, the growth of science fiction and what she’s doing next...

Photobucket

... Q: What do you think of the new series of ‘Doctor Who’?

Freema Agyeman: "Well, I haven’t seen all of the season but then I didn’t see all of Catherine’s [Tate] until afterwards. I did it in a box set. I’m starting to do that more and more actually, because you can’t keep up, it’s easier. I’ve just done it with ‘Downtown Abbey’ which I loved, so I’m going to do the same for them. I think I will just block watch it but I’ve watched the first one that came out. What I love about it, what they’re doing is pretty much what I said when I got the job: I believe the strength of it is change. I believed it then and I wasn’t just saying it, because I believe that every time it does change, it injects a new sort of dynamic or flavour to it which has got to be the key to its longevity. So I think that they’re doing a fabulous job. I completely applaud and champion them. People are going to have their favourites and that’s lovely. It’s nice when people say: ‘you’re my favourite or that person is’, so they’re going to have their favourites but I think that for what they’re doing, they’re doing it brilliantly well..."

No comments:

Post a Comment