Monday, February 14, 2011

Being Human - The TV Chick: Exclusive Interview with Meaghan Rath

Source: The TV Chick [follow link for complete interview]

Being Human

THE TV CHICK: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Meaghan Rath (Sally) from SyFy’s Being Human

February 14th, 2011 by thetvchick

A vampire, a werewolf and a ghost all live in the same house together. No, seriously, that’ the premise of SyFy’s Being Human 2011, which is based on the BBC series of the same name. I was immediately intrigued by the premise and hoping for something I could latch on to. I did not watch the original, so I can’t speak to whether this series is better/worse/the same, but I can say that I have really been enjoying it a ton. Being Human is about more than just the supernatural (although that’s an added bonus), it’s about three people, trying to find their way in the world and counting on each other to help with that process. The ghost, Sally, starts out stuck in the house when Aiden (the vampire) and Sam (the werewolf) move in. Sally was engaged and died suddenly by falling down the stairs of the very same house. She is navigating the world of ghost-dom, all while trying to figure out what happens next. I recently had the chance to chat with Meaghan Rath, who plays Sally, about how she’s able to relate to her ghost alter-ego, an upcoming flashback, and why she thinks you should tune into the show...

Photobucket

... Do you have a favorite moment from filming the show so far?

MR: "My favorite moment probably of the entire series [so far] is in episode 2 when I’m flying down the stairs. That was something so special to shoot because we actually shot that on the 2nd day of shooting and it was a big process to shoot that because I had to get a full body cast made. What it was is that I was lying in this cast of my body, and there’s this metal spike sticking out of my stomach, and five huge men tipped me over and pretty much put me on this giant pole in the middle of this completely green studio. And the camera was on a crane, and they had the wind machine going and they had the playback going. And it was really this beautiful moment for the entire crew as well. Jeremy Carver was there who’s one of our writers and show-runners and he was saying Anna [Frick] who is our other writer, they wrote this and part of them felt like it was going to be cut from the script, because it is a fantasy sequence, it is really extravagant for just one little piece. And so they were just amazed that they kept it in and it actually turned out so beautifully. And I think it was a special moment for everybody, and I was really moved by the whole thing. I really felt like I was in it, and I felt like I was thinking about Sally so much. I care about her so much. I care about her journey. So it was sort of like a cathartic experience. It was really nice..."

No comments:

Post a Comment