Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Grimm - Digital Spy: Silas Weir Mitchell Interview

Source: Digital Spy [follow link for complete interview]

grimm_fri_s2_A

DIGITAL SPY: 'Grimm' Silas Weir Mitchell Q&A: 'Show is a metaphor for real world'

Monday, Oct 22 2012
By Morgan Jeffery

Grimm - the cult drama that proved to be one of last year's surprise hits - returns to UK screens tonight courtesy of Watch, so Digital Spy got on the phone to one of the show's stars - Silas Weir Mitchell, who plays Monroe - for an exclusive chat.

In our interview below, Silas talks about the success of Grimm's first year, what's coming up for his character in the new episodes and why he believes the show is really a metaphor for the real world...

monroe_silasweirmitchell1


... Q: Are you pleased that Grimm gives you that opportunity to play elements of humor and romance, as well as the action and the drama?


Silas Weir Mitchell: "Yeah definitely, but I think I find humor where humor isn't necessarily meant to be. It's just something that comes because I think I have a slightly off-beat sensibility for whatever reason - I don't know what it is.

"When I was on Prison Break, I played this character Haywire who was originally supposed to be on the show for an episode or two and he wound up finding an arc, I think because there was kind of a vibe there other than what [the writers] had expected and yet it worked. So I have always found humor in places where humor wasn't necessarily intended.

"But with Monroe and the way he's written, I think there is a real sympatico between the writers and me - especially Jim Kouf, who's one of the two head writers along with David Greenwalt. He has a very dark sense of humor that I very much like - not only dark but also quirky, a weird sense of humor that I can totally relate to.

"I think Monroe was intended from the beginning to be comic relief to a degree and that is absolutely fun, but it's hard for me to try to be funny. I just try to be honest to whatever this quirky mind-set of Monroe's is...
"

Grimm airs Friday at 9/8c on NBC (US).

Grimm returned to the UK on October 20 at 9pm on Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment