Saturday, September 29, 2012

Warehouse 13 - Sci-Fi Talk: Eddie McClintock, Allison Scagliotti, Saul Rubinek Interview

Source: Sci-Fi Talk [follow link for complete interview]

warehouse134A

SCI-FI TALK: Warehouse 13 Finale Q And A

by Tony Tellado
September 25, 2012

The gang from the Warehouse along with their creator chat about this season with us reporters.

... Tony Tellado: What’s it been like for all of you this season? You know, Jack [Kenny] has really put you guys through quite a ringer in all the different angles. And as a personal favorite, I did like the birth of the artifact. That was really a neat thing. But what’s it been like for all of you to kind of go through these journeys this year?

Eddie McClintock: "You know, for me, it all boils down to Jack [Kenny]. I mean, you know, if there’s an award for the hardest working guy in Hollywood, it’s got to go to Jack. I mean, I’ve never – I’ve been doing this long enough that I’ve seen plenty of show runners and I’ve been on plenty of shows. And I’ve never seen someone who has so much input on almost every aspect of the show.I mean, this is – this show is Jack Kenny. And so, you know, to be able to take that ride with Jack – and it just seems this year – it’s always been Jack’s show but this year more than any. I mean, it just has his handprint on it. And it’s just been ..."

Saul Rubinek: "Soul print."

Eddie McClintock: "Soul print, for sure. And so to be able to, you know, be a part of that and for Jack to rely on us to convey his impression of this show has been a great honor, man, and I look forward to doing more shows. It’s really..."

Saul Rubinek: "And here’s the thing about this. You know, and it’s not – other actors are jealous of us. We are – it’s rare. You know, you get a bunch of actors getting together and we talk about our love for Jack. And that’s because he loves us. We’re a family and in this family, it’s not that we don’t have bumps and grinds, that happens. But you know, I watch Jack tell me about an episode, “And there’s this moment in this episode.” I said, “Yes.” And he said, “Let me just show it to you because we’re just in the middle of cutting it.” And I said, “Yes, and we’re on a break.” And he shows me his – on his computer and, you know, I look over at him and he’s completely welled up. You know, I am too. It’s a moving moment. But he wrote it. I mean, you know, and he’s watching us go through our paces and he’s emotionally involved and I have scenes to do where I’m sometimes asked to improvise a bunch of stuff and I’ll say, “Geez, Jack, I’m not really sure where to go,” and he’ll do a version of it. And we collaborate on every aspect and we have directors who know that that’s going to happen. We’re incredibly fortunate. And when Eddie says this show is Jack, it’s true that we’re collaborating with a network and a studio that have allowed Jack and his writers to continue to set the bar higher..."

The mid-season finale of Warehouse 13 airs Monday, October 1, 2012 at 9/8C on Syfy.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW A VIDEO SNEAK PEEK OF WAREHOUSE 13'S 'WE ALL FALL DOWN'

No comments:

Post a Comment