Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Warehouse 13 - After Elton: Eddie McClintock Interview

Source: After Elton [follow link for complete interview]

Warehouse 13 - 2012

AFTER ELTON: Eddie McClintock of "Warehouse 13" Interview


by Ed Kennedy
April 24, 2012


It's no secret that we're big fans of Eddie McClintock around here. The sexy star of Warehouse 13 has not one, not two, but three photo galleries on our Facebook page, and had us tuning in to the show long before they ever introduced a gay character last year. The former wrestler from Ohio is loudly pro-equality, with a wicked sense of humor that comes from a genuine place in his heart. He recently spoke with me about the show, playing gay on Felicity, growing up in the Midwest, his family, and the created family he now has on Warehouse 13. He even invited us into his home for a revealing photo shoot. This is obviously the beginning of my campaign to have him in our Hot 100 this year.

SyFy did have one condition: We weren't allowed to talk about any spoilers from the upcoming season, but everything else was fair game...

wh13eddiemcclintockwallpaper

... Q: One of the things I notice about the show is that you have giant stakes. After all, HG Wells did try to destroy the world. But you have very little actual violence on the show. It's kind of a strange combination in modern TV. Some interesting, suspenseful elements and yet still very little violence.


Eddie McClintock: "That to me is really important. It means that anyone in the family can watch the show. I remember when we first started out and I'd count the episodes, one, two, three, four. We didn't really know what the show was about. There's a warehouse, they're in there, but what's the tone of the show? If you watch the pilot, there really wasn't a lot of comedy. [Writer] Jack [Kenny] wasn't on the show at the time. It was written to be much more serious than it turned out to be.

But then when it found its tone it was something that kids could sit down and watch with their parents . And kids could be entertained and maybe learn something about history or even something about the family dynamic. I was really excited, because growing up as a kid, some of my best memories with my dad are doing lines from TV shows or movies that we watched together. Now I have fathers with their sons come up to me, and they say they love Pete, "we do his lines to each other all the time."

I know how important that was to me as a kid. And even now I'll text my dad just random lines from movies, and he'll text back the response. It's a great way for us to say hello and that we love each other.

If I can be responsible for something like that, I'm doing something right in the world...
"


Warehouse 13 season four premieres July 23, 2012 at 9/8C on Syfy.


No comments:

Post a Comment