Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Torchwood - SFX Magazine: Eve Myles Interview

Source: SFX Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

Torchwood

SFX MAGAZINE: Eve Myles Interview: Torchwood, Doctor Who & All New People


In an exclusive interview, Eve Myles reveals how she was hand-picked by Scrubs star Zach Braff for his play, and the influence of two nude women on her career


by Dave Golder
February 21 2012


The ever-lovely, ever-smiling Eve Myles was one of the stars of SFX Weekender 3, and it still amazes us how someone so, well – how can we put this politely? – talkative as she is (she can fit about three times as many words into a panel as your average guest), still manages to find new things to talk about. But when SFX caught up with her at her hotel the night before for a fireside chat (we kid you not) and vases of wine (or “pints of wine” as Myles coined it), she really did have something new to talk about. As well as talking about Torchwood and Doctor Who, she was enthusing about the new play she’s appearing in, All New People, alongside Scrubs star Zach Braff, who also wrote the play. Learn more about dates and buying tickets here...

Photobucket

... Q: How much do you recall about your very first entry into the Doctor Who universe, way back in “The Unquiet Dead”? Surely it seemed like just another job at the time?

Eve Myles: “I wasn’t meant to do ‘The Unquiet Dead’. I don’t think anyone knows that. I was booked in for another job. I was meant to be doing theatre and my agent said, ‘They want to see you for a part for Doctor Who but it’s clashing with this job.’ And I said ‘Well, it’s Doctor Who!’ It’s like the biggest show in the world and they’re bringing it back and Chris [Eccleston] is one of my favourite actors of all time – he’s wonderful...

... But not once did I think to myself that Russell T Davies had got his eyes on me to play Gwen Cooper in his new series… Never. But it was the biggest audition of my life. I was just hoping to God I didn’t let him down...

No comments:

Post a Comment