Monday, February 13, 2012

Eureka - Geek Dad: Co-Creator Andrew Cosby Interview

Source: Geek Dad [follow link for complete interview]

Eureka 2012

GEEK DAD: “Hack of All Trades” – An Interview With Eureka Co-Creator Andrew Cosby

By John Booth
February 13, 2012

A little more than a year ago, I found myself unexpectedly hooked on Syfy’s Eureka.

Perhaps not so unexpectedly, the Syfy network announced the entertaining and enjoyable show would end following the forthcoming fifth season, which has wrapped production and is set to air sometime this summer.

As the end of Eureka draws near, though, co-creator Andrew Cosby is as busy as ever.

A geeky dad and self-described “hack of all trades” who works in comics, television, movies and has been known to “go a little nuts around Halloween,” Cosby recently took some time for an email interview with GeekDad about Eureka, fatherhood, and what just might be the next big “v-word” in rabid fan circles...



... Booth: What’s been your favorite episode, story arc or moment?

Andrew Cosby: "I loved the WWII time travel relaunch at the beginning of Season Four. That was something Jaime [Paglia] and I had talked about since the show’s inception. In fact, Einstein’s letter to Roosevelt about the atomic bomb and the fact that mankind’s future rests in the hands of scientists and not soldiers was a huge inspiration for me in creating the show in the first place. I’d actually used it in one of my earlier comic projects, G.I. Spy. But if I had to pick a favorite single moment from the entire series, it would be Beverly Barlowe poisoning Susan Perkins at the end of the pilot. I know that’s an odd moment to choose, but it represents a certain darker tone I felt was missing from the series after my departure. For me, those edgier bits really make a world of difference. They somehow ground things, which allows you to really stretch the boundaries in other areas..."

No comments:

Post a Comment