Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Doctor Who - SFX Magazine: Tom Baker Answers Your Questions

Source: SFX Magazine [follow link for complete

Photobucket

DOCTOR WHO - SFX MAGAZINE: Tom Baker Answers Your Questions!

The bits of our interview with Doctor #4 that we couldn’t fit in our new Doctor Who bookazine

November 23 2011

The brand new, 100% original content, 180-page, utterly fantastic SFX bookazine, Doctor Who: The Fanzine, is on sale NOW!

In it, we subject Tom Baker to a Fannish Inquistion, but we couldn’t quite fit the entire interview, so here are the extra, like a bonus feature on a DVD...

Photobucket

... What souvenirs from the programme do you have?
Callum Smith, via email

Tom: "Well, not many left, because so much was begged off me! Charities are so insatiable! But I’ve got one thing left – an engraved glass from Elisabeth Sladen from when she left in 1975 or 1976, engraved “with love from Elisabeth”.

I think in the days when I was not so happy I didn’t save much because I couldn’t see much point. I wasn’t a boy when I got that job, but I never thought I’d be 78 and in rather good health. I think that’s why in those hectic days in Soho in the 1960s and ’70s no-one thought like that, otherwise no-one would have behaved like that! And we didn’t believe in anything except hanging in together and sharing our desperation. We all chose the illusion, that life with in the Colony, that life was in the French and of course we all had very tragic domestic situations. There were broken hearts or abandoned partners or betrayals because that kind of behaviour led to outrageous recklessness. Weird days...
"

No comments:

Post a Comment