Saturday, August 13, 2011

'Doomsday Prophecy' - Starry Constellation Magazine: Jewel Staite and A. J. Buckley Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

Doomsday Prophecy Syfy

'DOOMSDAY PROPHECY' - STARRY CONSTELLATION MAGAZINE: JEWEL STAITE AND AJ BUCKLEY

by: Jamie Steinberg

... Q) How did you both get involved in the project?

A.J. Buckley: "I just got a call randomly from my agent and they'd mentioned there was some interest. And I said two things. I said you know, "I love disaster movies," and then they said it was going to be shot in Vancouver which is my hometown. And it was on my hiatus from CSI. And going home to film is kind of like a paid vacation because I rarely get to see my family and working as well down there, it's kind of like a double bonus. So I read the script and spoke with the director and I was excited. And with CSI I'm so confined to this character that lives in a lab. So I just knew that there were so many times in the script where you just read things were exploding or falling apart or racing in a car, and I was like, "Oh this would be actually really fun to go and do," you know, get out of what I've been doing for so long. So I was real excited to go and do it."

Jewel Staite: "It was kind of the same thing for me. I'm from Vancouver as well, and I'd been living in LA for the last few years. And any time I get to work in Vancouver I totally jump at the chance. But I'd done a sci-fi movie before called Mothman, everybody knows it, award winning. And I had so much fun on that shoot. I had a blast. So I knew that I was going to have a good time. And then they mentioned that A.J. had been cast as the lead. And I'd always heard about A.J., because we're both from Vancouver and we kind of know all the same people. And I was like, "Oh cool. I finally get to work with this guy."

A.J. Buckley: "I actually knew your husband first from back in the day in Vancouver, and we were kind of indirectly friends through a really good friend of mine. And yes, it was fun. We did have an incredible time filming. It was an absolute blast."

Jewel Staite: "Yes, these sci-fi movies are a lot of fun to do. They're a riot..."

'Doomsday Prophecy' airs Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 9/8C on Syfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment