Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Big Bang Theory - My Fanbase: Exclusive Interview with Mayim Bialik

Source: My Fanbase [follow link for complete interview]

Bang 2

THE BIG BANG THEORY - MY FANBASE: Exclusive Interview with Mayim Bialik

Mayim Bialik joined the adorable nerds on the comedy show "The Big Bang Theory" in season 4 in the role of Amy Farrah Fowler. In real life she's also a neuroscientist and here she talks about if and how this helps with understanding and portraying her character...

Photobucket

Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik from The Big Bang Theory's 'The Wildebeest Implementation'

... Q: Has your real life degree in neuroscience helped you play Amy and understand characters with a scientific background like Sheldon, Raj or Leonard better?


Mayim Bialik: "I have a real fondness for science and I get to give recommendations about neuroscience terms if our writers need some help with that. And I love scientists and geeks of all kinds, so I have a special place in my heart for this show on a personal level!"


... Q: You said at Comic Con you didn't know "The Big Bang Theory" or Jim Parsons before your audition. How did you prepare yourself for the part of Amy? Did you watch old episodes?

Mayim Bialik: "I googled Jim Parsons and watched about 3 minutes of his acting and tried to mimic him as best as I could! I picked a nerdy outfit for the audition and barely made eye contact when I read the lines. That was it!

No comments:

Post a Comment