Thursday, March 10, 2011

Timothy Olyphant - Justified - Star Pulse: On Location With 'Justified'

Source: Star Pulse [follow link for complete article]

Justified

STAR PULSE: On Location With 'Justified'

by Brittany Frederick
March 10th, 2011

Nothing can top FX's Justified, which is the best show currently on television - except for the chance to see how the near-perfect drama series comes together.

It's Monday morning in Newhall, CA - the oldest district of the city of Santa Clarita, and less than two miles from the California Institute of the Arts, where I went to school a decade ago. The call sheet I'm handed when I arrive at the shooting location tells me that everyone else has been here - a nondescript suburban block that could be anywhere - since 6:30 at the latest. Suddenly, my 8 AM wake-up call doesn't seem so bad.

On this particular day, we're shooting scenes from the season finale (episode 213), entitled "Bloody Harlan." I'm cautioned not to reveal any spoilers for unaired episodes, but I couldn't even if I wanted to. There are only five scenes scheduled for the first unit today, a sixth if time permits. Shooting call was at 7 AM, and things can run as late as 10 PM. That's fifteen hours, typical for a production day on a one-hour drama series. It's quite humbling to be reminded that what ends up being minutes on film to you and I is the result of several hours of hard labor for the dozens of people around me, from the director to the guy who's walking around with eight different colored rolls of tape so he can lay down appropriate marks where necessary...

No comments:

Post a Comment