Thursday, March 10, 2011

Being Human 3 (UK) - Total SciFi Online: Robson Green and Michael Socha: Hungry Like the Wolf

Source: Total SciFi Online [follow link for complete interview]

Being Human 3a

BEING HUMAN 3 (UK) - TOTAL SCIFI ONLINE: Robson Green and Michael Socha: Hungry Like the Wolf

Wednesday 09 March 2011
by Paul Simpson

There are more werewolves than ever in series three of Being Human, with Robson Green and Michael Socha joining the cast as McNair and Tom. Their presence causes multiple problems for resident vampire Mitchell – as well as the current amnesiac house guest, vampire supremo Herrick...

... Q: Did you enjoy playing werewolves?

Michael: It’s the first time I’ve played anything other than a human – and normally chavvy humans as well! This time it’s different, and I’m glad they gave me the chance. It’s good to scream: I’ve never had to frigging scream a lot when something is really painful. The transformation is like a therapy!

Robson: When I got the call, my agent said “He’s a werewolf." I said, “I’m no stranger to the sweet trolley… I’m not in the shape I used to be…” So I’ve taken on a personal trainer full time because this is such a physically demanding job.

Michael’s right. The transformation is liberating and you can’t really bottle out of it, so it takes you to that place. I never went to drama school, but it’s that thing you learn there of not being embarrassed about anything. It’s cathartic and wonderful to do...

Being Human airs on Sunday nights (BBC Three) in the UK, and in the US, on BBC America on Saturday at 9/8C.

No comments:

Post a Comment