Thursday, March 24, 2011

Being Human - TV Guide: Ask Matt [Roush] Mar 21 '11

Source: TV Guide [follow link for complete column]

Being Human

BEING HUMAN - TV GUIDE: Ask Matt: SNL, Castle, Fringe, Glee, Being Human and More!

Mar 21, 2011
by Matt Roush

Send questions to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow on Twitter!

... Question: I have enjoyed your columns for years and now am happy to have a chance to participate. Syfy's Being Human just got renewed!!! I have never seen the original BBC series, but I am really enjoying Syfy's Being Human. At first I was on the fence, but as the episodes have progressed, I have become really engaged by the characters and the storyline. I was wondering if your opinion on this show has changed since it first started? — Rob

Matt Roush: Welcome to the party! I'm glad you're enjoying Syfy's version, and I wasn't surprised that it was renewed. It's a terrifically entertaining premise, and I can see how anyone could get hooked. But I got hooked on the original (and to me, superior) version, and now that it's back on BBC America with new episodes, I don't have the time or inclination to watch both, especially as I don't find the Syfy cast or the production as a whole nearly as compelling. And I'm sticking with that opinion.

I find myself agreeing with Elaine, who wrote in with this critique: "I have watched the BBC version of Being Human since the start and am also into the Syfy show, but the problem is instead of doing NEW shows Syfy is just redoing the BBC ones. When watching a show, I feel like: been there and done that. They changed the names of the characters, couldn't they at least not use almost the same stories? Last week, I already knew the kid was going to get hit and turned into a vamp."

No comments:

Post a Comment