Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stargate Universe - MTV Geek News: Alaina Huffman Talks Smallville, Stargate Universe, and Agent Mom

Source: MTV Geek News [follow link for complete interview]

SGU

MTV GEEK NEWS: Exclusive Interview: Alaina Huffman Talks Smallville, Stargate Universe, and Agent Mom

by Alex Zalben January 27, 2011

Alaina Huffman is very, very busy. She's playing the recurring role of Black Canary on Smallville, Lt. Tamara Johansen on Stargate Universe, co-creating a comic for this very website, maintaining a busy convention schedule, and-if that wasn't enough-is the mother of three children, including a thirteen-month-old. Thankfully, the hard-working actress took some of her time to talk to us about all of the above-and why she geeks out hardest at...The news?

... Geek: Let's talk about that a bit. How are you and the rest of the cast dealing with the cancellation of Stargate Universe?

AH: You know, I'm so, so grateful for the last two years, and all the relationships, and the huge family that I literally got cast into. Sixteen seasons of the two other shows, and it's all the same crew. The only thing that's really different is the cast. It's sad for everybody. I feel really bad for the whole crew. I know everyone will move on, everyone is really talented-both in the production office, the writers, the creators, and the cast and crew. When you've got a good thing, and you love going to work, and you've got a beautiful family there, it's sad...But it's also sort of bittersweet. It's nice to have the opportunity to do other things, and for me, I'm happy either way, I'm grateful for the two seasons we had. I get to come back to LA, I have my family, and my house, and I'm looking for the next opportunity. I've got my comic book, Smallville is still going on, so maybe something there...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment