Sunday, March 17, 2013

Justified - Starry Constellation Magazine - Walton Goggins Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

justified_season4B1

JUSTIFIED - STARRY CONSTELLATION MAGAZINE: WALTON GOGGINS INTERVIEW

by Jamie Steinberg
March 2013

... Q) So looking back on the show so far, what do you think Justified has brought to the television landscape that wasn’t there before?

Walton Goggins: "Oh that's a tough question, man. That's a really tough question. That's filled with actor answering the question traps left and right because so many shows have brought so much to television. I guess in the current landscape, yes, it's pretty easy to digest. It's like eating a good meal. It’s cooked with a lot of different ingredients. You get to taste a lot of different flavors and we mix a healthy amount of humor and absurdity with the drama that we kind of try to offer up. I'm trying to think of another show on the air right now that really kind of does that so maybe it's that. Maybe it's - people don’t, at the end of the episode, you can kind of lay it down and it's almost like reading a book. There's a narrative kind of - a literative kind of quality to it which feels at least for me, it feels like, "Oh wow, I read that chapter." "Oh, man, I can't wait to read the next chapter." So I think that's something that we offer that not a lot of other people offer right now and I think that's just because of Elmore [Leonard] and trying to be true to him. So I think I would be safe saying that without - and being truthful without offending anyone and being honest. I think maybe that's it..."

walton_goggins_as_boydcrowder photo walton_goggins_as_boydcrowder.jpg

Justified airs Tuesday at 10/9C on FX. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODE TRAILER FOR 'DECOY' AIRING MARCH 19, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment