Monday, August 20, 2012

Warehouse 13 - SciFi and TV Talk: Genelle Williams Interview

Source: SciFi and TV Talk [follow link for complete interview]

warehouse_13_season_4_monday

SCIFI AND TV TALK: Warehouse 13's Genelle Williams - Maternal Instinct

by Steve Eramo
08/20/2012


No matter how tough the mission of the week is for our heroes on Warehouse 13, they know that they always have a safe and comfortable place to come home to in Leena’s Bed and Breakfast. Its proprietor has a long association with the Warehouse, possibly pre-dating its current Special Agent in Change, Artie Nielsen. Leena serves mainly as a researcher as well as archivist and is privy to a number of Warehouse-related secrets, some of which even Artie is unaware of. She first appears in the show’s pilot episode, and the actress who plays her, Genelle Williams, remembers auditioning for the role as if it were yesterday.

I actually missed my first audition because I was having my tonsils out that week, so I couldn’t exactly speak,” recalls Williams. “I was really disappointed, especially because it was one of the first auditions where I wouldn’t be playing a teenager. Prior to that I’d done a lot of children’s shows for the Family Channel and similar networks, so I was really looking forward to it.

Thankfully, they [the Warehouse 13 producers] hadn’t cast the Leena role yet, and I believe it was a week-and-a-half or two weeks later that they called me in and I auditioned for Jace Alexander [director and co-executive producer for the pilot]. We did the scene once and then spent the next 35 minutes or so just taking about anything and everything, including the fact that Canadians say ‘sorry’ too much, because I kept saying, ‘sorry,’” she jokes. “It was a very interesting audition to say the least, and I was lucky enough to get the part..."

genelle_williams1

Warehouse 13 airs Monday at 9/8C on Syfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment