Monday, July 16, 2012

Eureka - New York Daily News: Colin Ferguson Shares His Memories

Source: New York Daily News [follow link for complete article]

eurekafinaletonight1

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS: 'Eureka’ star Colin Ferguson shares his memories as SyFy series ends

With finale on Monday night, a look back at how the Jack Carter role looked uncertain at first, and how the show had a 'weird tone'


By Colin Ferguson
July 16, 2012


After five seasons, SyFy’s “Eureka” has its series finale Monday at 9 p.m. Colin Ferguson, who stars as Jack Carter, sheriff of the fictional town of Eureka, Ore., shares his memories with the News.

jackcarterwallpaper2


... We shot the first thirteen episodes in a vacuum, playing with the weird tone that the show had. “Is this working? Am I going to regret some of these choices when I see the thing?” No one really had any idea at that point.

They asked me to come to San Diego Comic-Con that year to introduce a night where the SyFy Network was going to screen “Stargate Atlantis,” an episode of “Battlestar Galactica” and our premiere.

I was excited to be invited anywhere, so I went and got to introduce the night. I only stayed five minutes because watching myself with a thousand other people is not the most comfortable thing in the world.

But I remember watching, and I don’t even remember if it was my joke or not, but I watched the joke on the screen, my head turned to the audience, and they laughed right on cue.

I went back to the screen and the drama kicked in and my head swung to the audience, and they appeared to be into it — it was shocking. That was a great moment to realize that this vacuum we were working on might actually work...

No comments:

Post a Comment