Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lost Girl - New York Post: Anna Silk Q & A

Source: New York Post [follow link for complete Q & A]

Lost Girl Monday

NEW YORK POST: 'Lost Girl' star Anna Silk on being Bo: a Q&A


January 31, 2012
by MAXINE SHEN


If you've had it up to HERE with vampires, werewolves and zombies on TV, allow us to recommend "Lost Girl," Syfy's recently premiered series about fairies - as in the fair folk, fey/fae, the seelie/unseelie, sidhe etc. Specifically, we're talking about a succubus named Bo (Anna Silk), who feeds off sexual energy and runs a sort of fae private eye service. There's fighting, wise cracks, beasties of all fantastical manner, a love triangle involving wolf shapeshifter Dyson (Kris Holden-Ried) and human doctor Lauren (Zoie Palmer) and it's all topped off with some pretty racy bedroom romps. (Seriously, Syfy's put just about every warning in existence on the show.)

We grabbed a few minutes on the phone with series star Anna Silk right before she wrapped photography on Season 2 - a third one has already been ordered - in Toronto, to chat about her personal succubus experience, being in her birthday suit, "Lost Girl" drinking games, those fun fight sequences and who Bo should end up with, the human or the wolf...

Anna Silk Wallpaper

...The Post: So, how much of this fae folklore did you know before getting cast?

Anna Silk: "I knew what a succubus was. The reason I knew is because - this sounds like I’m making this story up, but it actually is true - I used to have this recurring nightmare all through high school…It was like this feeling of something sitting on my chest in the night. It paralyzed me, it was scary because it was a nightmare that happens in real time - you’re dreaming that you’re lying in bed, which is exactly what you’re doing. My mom was on an airplane, reading a magazine and in it there was an article called “The Incubus/Succubus Phenomenon” about nightmares and she ripped out the article and brought it home to me. I was like, “Oh my God! That’s what happening to me!” The nightmares have gone away, thankfully.

As far as the rest of the folklore, I had a book, as a kid, called “Fairies.” It was a beautifully illustrated book and it was really kind of dark and sinister, so I remember from a young age being exposed to those kinds of images about fairies…I didn’t really know the history behind it and that’s something that I’ve really learned from the show...
"


Lost Girl airs Monday at 10/9C on Syfy

No comments:

Post a Comment