Saturday, February 4, 2012

Being Human 4 - SFX Magazine: Damien Molony Interview

Source: SFX Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

Being Human 4 Feb 25

SFX MAGAZINE: Being Human Series Four – Damien Molony Interview

by Ian Berriman
February 1 2012

A whopping 1900 words of chat with the actor who plays new vampire on the block Hal (Contains some minor spoilers, but no biggies)...

... Q: So tell us about your character, Hal. What’s he like?

Damien Molony: “Well, he’s very old, he’s been a vampire for a very long time. Basically he goes through life cycles, because he’s been around for so long: he can have 30 years of being quite calm, quite contained, living a very basic life and then suddenly he’ll have 50 years of out-and-out aggression, rape and torture and tearing through the countryside killing everything he sees. When we first see Hal in one of the prequels it’s 1955 and I’ve been tearing it up in Eastern Europe. In the last 50 years I’ve been hosting dogfights [with werewolves], and we have this specific werewolf who’s a fantastic fighter – he hasn’t lost a fight. I’m getting to the end of a cycle, I’m really tired of the way that I’ve gone and slightly remorseful and very guilty, and there’s a lot of shame, and I kinda realise that enough is enough and I need to go clean. Hal’s very taken by this werewolf, Leo is his name, and I ask him, ‘If you can take care of me would you?’, and Leo says, ‘If you’re looking for a simple life I can provide you with that”. So when the series starts, for the last 50 years basically, Hal has just existed in this bubble...


Being Human season four premieres on BBC America on Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 9/8C.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment