Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stargate Atlantis | Firefly - Very Aware: Jewel Staite Interview

Source: Very Aware [follow link for complete interview]

SGA

STARGATE ATLANTIS | FIREFLY - VERY AWARE: Jewel Staite talks FIREFLY, Food, Fun, and Fillion

by Jason Tabrys
October 20, 2011

As a journalist I am duty bound to conduct interviews that aim for revelation–probing my subjects with deft questions that are supposed to push them beyond where they want to go. That's how Oprah does it, that's how I’m supposed to do it, but funk that.

I reached out to Jewel Staite, a globe roaming gourmand and portrayer of both Kaylee Frye, the ever lovable mechanic on FIREFLY, and Jennifer Keller, the resident Doctor on STARGATE ATLANTIS, with the hope of having a fun conversation that I could share with you.

The following conversation does not contain revelations on the internal struggle of a suffering thespian, or a questionnaire inspired by Bernard Pivot; frankly I’m not that good at my job.

No, instead of that stuff we touch on brain eating, cheap wine, the ego of Nathan Fillion, shrimp pot pie, Muppets, the creepiness of shag carpeting, and Jewel’s plan for world domination.

And now without further delay, Jewel Staite...

Photobucket

... Q: It seemed like Kaylee’s favorite place was her hammock (which I understand you stole, thief) what’s yours geographically and I suppose spiritually?

Jewel Staite: "Listen, that thing was given to me, I swear. You want to talk about being a thief, talk to Fillion. He’s got boxes of stuff he stole from that set, and the irony that he’s playing a guy who helps cops right now is not lost on me. But I digress. My favorite place is Maui. I spent a lot of time there when I was a kid, so that’s my recharge the old batteries place. One of these days I’m going to pull a Woody Harrelson and just move there permanently and become a beach bum and wear hemp and grow dreds. Okay, maybe not the dreds part. And that hemp’ll be Chanel..."

No comments:

Post a Comment