Monday, October 3, 2011

Fringe - TV Guide: Ask Matt Oct 3 '11

Source: TV Guide [follow link for complete column]

Fringe season 4

TV GUIDE: sk Matt: The Good Wife's Move, Community, Sons of Anarchy and More!

Oct 3, 2011
by Matt Roush

Send questions to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow on Twitter!

... Question: I started watching Fringe this summer and was able to catch up before Season 4 began. While I love the show and am sorry I haven't watched it from the beginning, I am finding myself falling down the Lost rabbit hole of reading the fan message boards and getting upset by what I read. (I know, I know, I need to just stop reading them!) The common comment is that the new Peter-less worlds are better off without him and Lincoln Lee should replace him. While I love Lincoln Lee (both of them), I just can't believe that is true, especially where Walter is concerned. He may be just as crazy (no one can change that), but he is a sadder, less connected and adjusted person without his son. I am really enjoying this "reboot" and am intrigued to see where this season is going. Not since Lost has a show required me to be so engaged, which I love. So as a long-time Fringe viewer and less crazed fan, what do you think of the new season so far and the world without Peter? - Amy

Matt Roush: I'm loving the season so far, last Friday's in particular, as both worlds worked together to solve a case. The clash of the Olivias is always exciting and amusing, and the contemplation of "the path not taken" by the professor and his doppelganger villain was provocative and poignant. Even so, I'm itching for Peter to be restored to the universe, and can't wait to see how that is executed and explained. As glad I am to see the Lincolns (aka Seth Gabel) upped to full-time status, the thought that he's a suitable replacement for Peter is just silly. Ignore any chatter that lessens your enjoyment of Fringe. The show needs all the support it can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment