Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sanctuary - Cobblestone Creative - Seth Molson Interview

Source: Cobblestone Creative [follow link for complete interview and to view photos of some of Seth's work]

Sanctuary 4

SANCTUARY - COBBLESTONE CREATIVE: Seth Molson Interview

[NOTE: Seth Molson worked as a playback artist on Stargate Universe and now works on Sanctuary.]

... Q: "Stargate : Universe" featured superb acting and direction, sublime writing, spectacular visuals, and top-notch stunt work. What was working among all that talent like?

Seth Molson: "Working on Stargate Universe was my first real career move and it was and will be one of the most amazing experiences I have been through. I was part of an in-house visual effects team that was so tightly knit I was able to learn things at light speed. Mark Savela was a wicked boss and Krista Mclean can basically do anything imaginable if you give her a keyboard. I shared an office with an other playback artist named Justin Kohse who turned out to be a wild style artistic mastermind with cool shoes. Overall, the entire production was made up of super talented mad scientists who just got things done... everyone was super helpful and accepting and I really felt happy to go to work with these people."

... Q: It's time to thrill Sanctuary fans with some behind-the-scenes info. What can you tell us that won't get you in trouble. Also, what is it like working for Amanda Tapping?


Seth Molson: All I can say is that it's amazing what this crew can come up with in such a small space and such little time. It really is magic! one time I was grabbing a drink on set and I hear this very low toned voice say "hey!" I turned around and bigfoot was behind me and I nearly jumped across the set. I had never seen him in person before and it was a great way to meet.

Amanda Tapping has always been a favorite of mine since she played "Carter" from SG1. I Introduced myself to her and she said " I know who you are, and it's very nice to meet you" which warmed my heart. I never thought I would be working with her. Every time she comes through the art department she is dressed in some elaborate getup from some crazy time period...
"


No comments:

Post a Comment