Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Being Human - Fanbolt: Sam Huntington And Meaghan Rath Interview

Source: Fanbolt [follow link for complete interview]

Being Human

Interview: Sam Huntington And Meaghan Rath From 'Being Human'

by Emma on January 17, 2011

We had the pleasure of chatting with Being Human writers/producers Jeremy Carver and Anna Fricke, as well as main characters Sam Huntington (Josh) and Meaghan Rath (Sally)...

... Q: How well do all of you guys get along working on the show?

Photobucket

Sam Huntington: Swimmingly, from everyone all across the board. You know, I've been asked a lot since we've wrapped, so what was it like? And I can say, speak completely from my heart when I say, it's probably - you know, obviously the material is amazing and it's a dream come true, really, but I've got to say, for an experience the people have made it for me, everyone, all across the board.

So, we're really, really lucky. Really, really lucky because potentially, you know, you never know how long the show could go and I felt a lot about how awful it would be if I didn't love everyone so, so, so, so much.

So, it's been a pleasure.

Jeremy Carver: You know to add, I mean you're doing this show which may be - (the set) of the show is less unique now than maybe it was a couple of years ago but you're dealing with a show where the writers (room) is in Los Angeles, the set is in Montreal and you're dealing with, which is novel to me, I'll speak for myself, the notion of dealing with a French/Canadian crew.

So it's just a little bizarre walking into the set of a show that's for the Syfy Channel and everyone's speaking French. There's a little - it took me a moment to orient myself but...

Anna Fricke: He had a French application on his iPhone...

Jeremy Carver: I did, I had...Yes. And...

Sam Huntington: Hilarious.

Jeremy Carver: But the - I'm talking about everybody on that set were some of the most dedicated professionals...

Sam Huntington: For real.

Jeremy Carver: I mean, they were absolutely the real deal when it came to a crew. I mean, all the way up to the top and because people were so professional and cared so much about what they did, there was a certain trust that set in. And when that trust sets in I think people are - frankly, a certain fear goes away and a certain comfort level kicks in where everybody could afford to be very much themselves because they knew the person they were dealing with was, I'll use a Vietnam reference though I wasn't there, was in the shit with them.

Sam Huntington: Yes.

Jeremy Carver: You know, and I mean these guys up on set worked such grueling, grueling, grueling hours that - the fact that they've emerged with even stronger friendships intact is quite remarkable, I think.

Sam Huntington: I've got to say just real quick too, it's (tough to submit) the material too because everyone believed in it so much that they really, really cared to make it the best that they could.

And, like you said, it goes all the way up just all the way across the board. So that's probably why that was the case because that's not always the case.

Anna Fricke: I don't really think I've ever worked with a cast that's so tightly knit and gets along so well. Usually there's one jerk in the bunch or one diva and that's really not the case here. And I mean even from the beginning, from the audition process, I actually thought that the three of these guys knew each other beforehand because they were that at ease with each other.

But I've just never seen a cast - you know, like part of it is they work grueling hours and they're isolated in Montreal together but I've never seen a cast that so genuinely cared not only about what was going on with them in the episode but what was going on with everybody. Because we always try to make a point after the table reads, since we're not there, to talk to everyone if there are any questions, is there anything that you want to talk about? Any concerns?

And what I've always noticed with this amazing cast is that it's not always about them it's about, well, what's going on with Sally's character, Josh's character? And how does that relate and it's just really refreshing to see. It's a really generous, gracious, cast.

Photobucket

Meaghan Rath: And this is Meaghan. I just want to add that also I think what's amazing is that for the three of us actors, the energy between us in life is very similar to the energy of the characters. And I often feel like the Sam's are my older brothers which is feel is like sort of Sally's whole situation.

They're very protective of me and it's nice. I feel very safe all the time with them and they're the best scene partners you could ask for. I mean, I never have to worry going into a scene with either of them that something won't be there. And if there's anything that I'm worried about beforehand I know that if I just sit there with them in the moment it will all work out because they're so talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment