Saturday, March 30, 2013

Doctor Who - The Guardian: Matt Smith Q & A

Source: The Guardian [follow link for complete Q & A]

doctor_who_mar30_2013 photo doctor_who_mar30_2013_zpsae75af96-1.jpg

DOCTOR WHO - THE GUARDIAN: MATT SMITH Q & A

by Rosanna Greenstreet
Friday 29 March 2013


Matt Smith, 30, was born in Northamptonshire. He was pursuing a footballing career until a back injury at 16 forced him out of the game. A teacher encouraged him to join the National Youth Theatre, and he later studied drama and creative writing at UEA. He appeared on stage in Alan Bennett's The History Boys and his first major TV role was in the series Party Animals. In 2009 he was cast as the 11th Doctor Who, becoming the youngest person to play the character. The new series starts tonight on BBC1 [and in the US, on BBC America, at 8/7C]...

 photo matt_smith_and_jenna_louise_coleman3_zps6fa67bb4.jpg

(Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman and Matt Smith.]

... Q: What is your earliest memory?

Matt Smith: "Getting my head cracked open at playschool when I was three. I was on a pirate swing and I fell under it and it sliced into my head. I had 24 stitches. If I ever shaved my head, I'd have a massive scar there."

Q: Which living person do you most admire, and why?

Matt Smith: "My dad, because he is full of integrity and good humour; and my grandad, because he's full of the same..."


Doctor Who season 7.5 premieres Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 8/7c on BBC America. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODE TRAILER FOR 'THE BELLS OF SAINT JOHN.'

No comments:

Post a Comment