Monday, September 10, 2012

Doctor Who - TV Guide: Ask Matt: Sep 10 '12

Source: TV Guide [follow link for complete column]

doctor_who_season7_saturday1

TV GUIDE: Ask Matt: Breaking Bad, Remakes, Work of Art, Fall Preview, Doctor Who, More

Sep 10, 2012
by Matt Roush

Send your questions and comments to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow on Twitter!


... Question: My family found this season's Doctor Who premiere "eggs, eggs, eggs-cellent" and thoroughly enjoyed the dinos this week. Do you have any scoop that you can share pertaining to the exit of the Ponds? Should we start stocking up on Kleenex now? — LuAnn


Matt Roush: If you have to ask that question, you already know the answer. From all accounts, the farewell of the Ponds later this month is going to be very emotional. How can it not be? I'll leave it at that, because this is absolutely the sort of show I don't want to spoil for myself or others. Suffice it to say that I even got choked up this week when Amy and the Doctor had that discussion, amid all the whimsical chaos of the dinosaurs and missiles and cranky robots, about whether he's weaning himself from the Ponds. When he said "You'll be there till the end of me," and she piped up, "Or vice versa," I was reading so much into their significant eye contact. I don't think I've ever been this distressed anticipating the transition of the Doctor's "companions..."


Doctor Who airs Saturday at 9/8C on BBC America.

No comments:

Post a Comment