Monday, September 3, 2012

Doctor Who - SFX Magazine: Writer Chris Chibnall Interview

Source: SFX Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

doctor_who_season7_saturday1

SFX MAGAZINE: Doctor Who “Dinosaurs On A Spaceship” Writer Chris Chibnall Interviewed

by Dave Golder
September 3 2012


The title to next week’s Doctor Who says it all, really, and as returning writer Chris Chibnall reveals, the title was where it all started...


poster3A

Q: What was the origin of “Dinosaurs On A Spaceship”?


Chris Chibnall: “It just started with the title. I has a meeting with Steven Moffat, and he said, ‘I have just four words to say to you: Dinosaurs On A Spaceship.’ At which point my heart leapt internally, and I tried to look cool.

“I just went quiet for a second. My thought process was, very simply: ‘He can’t mean that. How on Earth could we ever achieve that?’ And at the same time, ‘Fantastic. That’s the best title ever!’

In reality, I just said, ‘Oh yeah, okay, great. I get that. I can see that. I’d love to do that.’ And I went away and came back with a proposal of how we’d do it...



Doctor Who season seven airs Saturday at 9/8C on BBC America.

No comments:

Post a Comment