Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Continuum (Canada) - SciFi and TV Talk: Erik Knudsen Interview

Source: SciFi and TV Talk [follow link for complete interview]

continuum1

SCIFI AND TV TALK: Tech Support: Interview with Continuum's Erik Knudsen

At the age of 10, Erik Knudsen played on a children’s hockey team that was chosen to appear in a Visa TV commercial. Little did the actor realize the impact that this event would later have on his life. “I loved it and I always wanted to act after that,” he says. “My parents, of course, were always telling me to have a back-up plan just in case things didn’t work out.

When I was younger I wanted to be a policeman. I thought that that would be an awesome job and still do, but unfortunately I don’t think I have quite what it takes. I’m 5’ 8” and 125 pounds, so it would probably be kind of difficult. I always wanted to be an actor, though, and felt that if I had a back-up, it would allow me to give up too easily on my dream. So I don’t have a back-up right now. I’m just concentrating on my acting and would love to do that for the rest of my life, and maybe direct down the road.”

In Knudsen’s case, hard work and perseverance have certainly paid off in the form of several feature film and TV credits. Currently, the affable and talented actor is playing Alec Sadler in the hit Canadian TV Sci-Fi/Police Drama Continuum. When Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols), a Vancouver CPS (City Protective Services) officer in the year 2077, is unexpectedly sent back in time to Vancouver 2012 along with a group of convicted terrorists, the technology in the future suit she is wearing manages to connect with a frequency used by Alec...

Continuum airs Sunday at 9/8C on Showcase in Canada. Cast includes Rachel Nichols, Victor Webster, Erik Knudsen, Stephen Lobo, Richard Harmon, Brian Markinson and Stargate Universe's Jennifer Spence.

No comments:

Post a Comment