Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stargate Universe - Starry Constellation Magazine: Lou Diamond Phillips Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

SGU

STARGATE UNIVERSE - STARRY CONSTELLATION MAGAZINE: LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS INTERVIEW

by: Jamie Steinberg
January 14, 2012


Q) What are the recent projects you are working on?

Lou Diamond Phillips: "I just did a panel for "Longmire." The pilot is done and A&E picked it up. We haven't started filming more yet though. We don't start until the end of March. I think it premieres in June. Also, the movie Filly Brown is screening at Sun Dance on Friday, January 20th..."

Photobucket

... Q) You're also going to be seen on this coming season of "Southland." What made you want to be a part of the show?

Lou Diamond Phillips: "I am a huge fan of "Southland"! I love "Southland!" My wife, Yvonne, and I have been watching it since it premiered three or four years ago. I was amazed that NBC let it go and that TNT picked it up. It's just one of those wonderful survival stories. People believe in the show enough to see it get by. For me, "Southland" was one of those happy endings. Chris Chulack, the executive producer and a director on the show, is an old friend. I actually did his first pilot as a director way back in the late 90's. Well, Chris came and did the "Longmire" pilot. I told him how much I loved "Southland" and I was really thrilled with his work there. When a role came up that looked like it was something that would be right for me, he gave me a call and it was an absolute no-brainer. I'm pretty sure I said yes before I even read the script because I have such respect for everyone on that show. And I'm a huge fan of the cast! Regina [King] and I met casually on a personal level a number of years ago. I think Michael Cudlitz is long overdue for an Emmy nomination. I also think Shawn Hatosy and Benjamin McKenzie are just fantastic actors..."

[NOTE: Lou guest stars in Southlands' fourth season premiere on Tuesday, January 17 at 10/9C.]

No comments:

Post a Comment