Monday, January 23, 2012

Once Upon A Time - TV Guide: Ask Matt Jan 23 '12

Source: TV Guide [follow link for complete column]

Once Upon A Time 3

TV GUIDE: Ask Matt: Revenge, Glee, Once Upon a Time, Alcatraz and More!


Jan 23, 2012
by Matt Roush

Send questions and comments to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow on Twitter!




... Question: Two questions for you regarding Once Upon A Time: Where did Henry get the fairy-tale book and the idea that everyone in Storybrooke is a fairy-tale character trapped there by his "mother," the evil queen? I don't remember this ever being addressed, yet Henry's knowledge of and belief in the curse, and the book that has become a sort of guide to the characters, was never explained ... was it? Also, if time stands still in this town, why hasn't anyone noticed? Clock hands don't move and nobody gets any older, but this too hasn't been properly explained. I know, I know ... nitpicking a show about suspending one's belief and fairytales. But these two things have just bugged me all season. — K



Matt Roush: I think the reason I didn't much enjoy Once Upon a Time until I got to the third episode (with the first major Snow White-Prince Charming back story) was that I couldn't stop nit-picking at some of these same things, feeling that the concept was swallowing the show. Since then, I've relaxed and learned to just roll with it, and it's become appointment Sunday viewing — although I much prefer the fairy-tale twists to the goings-on in Storybrooke. But to your specifics, didn't the clock start moving again once Emma came to town? That was little Henry's first win. And part of the overall premise is that the curse, which keeps them trapped in this town, also keeps them from noticing that they're not aging among other things. As for the book, if its origin has been fully explained, I missed it. But it's still early days, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Henry-centric episode laying some of that out.


ONCE UPON A TIME airs Sunday at 8/7C on ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment