Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stuff's On The Box: Mark Sheppard Interview - Part One

Source: Stuff's On The Box

ON THE BOX: Mark Sheppard on sci-fi, acting, and more


by Chris Philpott
14/11/2011


Mark Sheppard is well known to sci-fi fans for his many guest spots on science-fiction and fantasy shows, so when his name was included in the lineup for the recent Armageddon Expo in Auckland, I was legitimately excited: the guy played one of my favourite minor characters in Battlestar Galactica (Gaius Baltar's quirky lawyer, Romo Lampkin), guest-starred in the latest season opener of Doctor Who as Canton Delaware III, and is enjoying success as demon Crowley in the latest series of Supernatural.

My fondest memory of Sheppard is as Cecil L'ively, the pyromaniac murderer from first season The X Files episode Fire - also known as the episode that got me hooked on the show, as it's the first I can recall seeing.

Yet, besides being one of the busiest actors in sci-fi television, Sheppard admits to being a sci-fi fan as well...


Photobucket

"I think everybody is a fan of sci-fi," Sheppard says confidently, talking to me by phone from his Auckland hotel room. "I think people do sci-fi a huge disservice by lumping it as some sort of bizarre subculture genre when I think everybody's lives are impacted by sci-fi at some point. The idea of future or past either way, is a core part of entertainment. It's something we've always loved as humans. Its part of our psyche, I think..."

No comments:

Post a Comment