Saturday, March 5, 2011

Castle - Celebrity Extra: Tamala Jones Interview

Source: Celebrity Extra [follow link for complete interview]

Castle

CELEBRITY EXTRA: Interview: Tamala Jones Keeps the Castle Boys in Line

by Cindy Elavsky
Wednesday, March 2, 2011


Tamala Jones is best known to TV audiences as medical examiner Dr. Lanie Parish on ABC's "Castle." So, what's it like to be a part of a show that not only has one of the most talented and fun casts on television, but is also a huge hit with every category of television viewer? I spoke with Tamala recently and asked her just that...

Photobucket

... CE: Another aspect of your character that I really like is she’s a medical examiner, but she’s a young vibrant woman, not like a stuffy middle-aged person that other shows often get as their medical examiner. She’s a smart cookie, but she’s young and sexy. What do you like about playing Lanie?

TJ: I love all of what you just said. I love that Lanie is young and vibrant and is smart, but she gives you the sass when she can. But for the most part, to bring down what exactly has gone on with the deceased that’s laying on her slab, she’s down to business. There’s no holding back in what she’s seeing, what she saw and identified on the outside.

And I love the fact that she’s young, because now there are young doctors out there. There are young medical examiners out there. I had food poisoning after New Years, and I had to go to the hospital, and you know, I’m very flirty. And the doctor came in, and he was young and he was cute, and I’m sitting there looking like I’m about to die. I say, “Oh, I thought you were going to be old and crusty, but you’re sexy.” And he said: “Well, thank you. And how are you feeling?” And it’s true. There are younger doctors out there. I look at Lanie as the female Doogie Howser...

No comments:

Post a Comment