Saturday, December 11, 2010

Emily Deschanel - Bones: Starry Constellation Magazine: Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

EMILY DESCHANEL

BONES

by: Lisa Steinberg

Photobucket

... Q. Now, playing this character for as long as you have, does anything about her still surprise you?

E. Deschanel: Yes, yes. I think I was surprised as she started to open up more. What I just love, this was a couple of seasons ago, but there was a scene where she asked Sweets to help her learn facial expressions because she’s kind
almost on the autistic spectrum, almost Aspbergery—not quite, but has some characteristics that fit into that. She doesn’t really understand how to read peoples’ emotions. I just love that she recognized that she didn’t know how to do this and she wanted to get better at it. I just love that.

I loved the Jersey Shore episode. That surprised me just how much Brennan had studied this culture of the guidos and how seriously she took it. In a way, things surprise me and in a way, things don’t. Because of course, she studied these guidos. Of course, she takes it very seriously as an anthropological study. She’s going to throw a guy the crab, doing a body building pose to scare someone away. It’s a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment