Monday, May 6, 2013

NCIS - Video: CBS Sunday Morning: Mark Harmon Video Interview

Source: You Tube and Interview Transcript available at CBS News

ncis10A

NCIS - VIDEO: CBS SUNDAY MORNING: MARK HARMON VIDEO INTERVIEW

May 5, 2013

Mark Harmon, a hero on-screen and off

Mark Harmon gets to the bottom of difficult cases on the hit CBS series, "NCIS." After a decade in the role, he's still at the top of his game, as Tracy Smith shows us in this Sunday Profile:

He's arguably the biggest star on TV. But what makes Mark Harmon's story truly remarkable are the things he's done when no one's watching -- things he rarely talks about. More on that later.

Here's what millions already know: Harmon's show, "NCIS," the police procedural that airs on this network, happens to be the most-watched show on television.

It's not flashy or edgy, but reliable, in that the good guys always win -- and funny, in a slay kind of way. It's also durable: "NCIS" is just now wrapping its tenth season.

When the show started, how long did Harmon think this ride would last? asked Smith.

"I think all actors think their ride is going to last forever," he replied. "We're kind of naïve -- or I am, anyway."

On-screen, the 61-year-old Harmon is Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, lead investigator and man of few words. Off-screen, his castmates say, he has pretty much the same strong, silent style.

When asked if Harmon is anything like Gibbs in real life, Pauley Perrette responded, "I would say yes-ish."

Cote de Pablo said, "He's a really pleasant person to be around because there's none of that me me me me me me me. It's kind of nice."

Michael Weatherly called Harmon "a pretty ordinary guy for someone who's the biggest TV star in the world..."


NCIS airs Tuesday at 8/7C on CBS. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODE TRAILER FOR 'DOUBLE BLIND,' AIRING MAY 7, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment