Friday, May 31, 2013

Defiance - My Fanbase: Nicole Munoz Interview

Source: My Fanbase [follow link for complete interview]

goodbye_blue_sky photo goodbye_blue_sky_zps29f537b2.jpg

DEFIANCE - MY FANBASE: NICOLE MUNOZ INTERVIEW

May, 2013
by Charleen Winter


The Canadian actress Nicole Muñoz plays the role of Christie McCawley on the science fiction show "Defiance". She and Jesse Rath portray two teenagers from rivaling families, who are in love against all odds. In our interview Nicole talks about how she got into acting and gives some insight into working on the show and her character...

defiance_couple2 photo defiance_couple_zps4ba43bf9-1.jpg

Nicole Munoz and Jesse Rath


... Q: You play Christie on the new scifi show "Defiance". What was the audition process like?

Nicole Muñoz: "I was very excited to audition for the role of Christie! I was enamored with the script and the character. Christie is so sweet yet strong. I had sent in an audition tape from Vancouver to the casting directors and crossed my fingers. A lot of girls were auditioning for this role, but I knew I really wanted this part. I waited some time and finally I got a call from my agent saying that I was on hold. That means that there are about three girls that are being considered for the part. I kept on waiting, it was so nerve racking being so close to getting the role! Finally, I got a phone call from my agent, I was at a family dinner, I screamed! I was so happy! I had booked the role of Christie McCawley."


Q: On the show Christie learns the Castithan language. Is it a complete language and maybe even based on a real language?


Nicole Muñoz: "David Peterson is the creator of the Castithan language. It is a complete language; I believe there is even a dictionary! A lot of time and hard work has gone into the creation of this language and also the other two: Indogene and Irathient. There is an alphabet and a numerical system. Childrens games, card games, traditions and hand gestures have all been invented to make the Castithan culture as real as possible..."


Defiance airs Monday at 9/8C on Syfy. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODE TRAILER FOR 'GOODBYE BLUE SKY,' AIRING JUNE 3, 2013.

Defiance cast includes Tony Curran, Jaime Murray, Julie Benz, Mia Kirshner, Grant Bowler, Stephanie Leonidas, Graham Greene, Dewshane Williams, Jesse Rath, Justin Rain and Nicole Muñoz.

No comments:

Post a Comment