Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tron: Uprising - Coventry Telegraph: Bruce Boxleitner Interview

Source: Coventry Telegraph [follow link for complete interview]

TRON-Uprising2

COVENTRY TELEGRAH: Bruce Boxleitner talks Tron: Uprising, whether he will be in Tron 3 and rumours of Guardians of Luna

By David Bentley
January 22, 2013


Earlier this month, sci-fi fans were stunned when storyboard artist Eric Canete indicated on Twitter (where else, these days!?) that Disney XD's Tron: Uprising - an animated sequel/prequel set between the two movies Tron and Tron: Legacy - would not be getting a second season.

As an online kerfuffle began to bubble about the show's cancellation, producer Edward Kitsis stepped in and clarified: "I don't know what the future [of Tron: Uprising] is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers. The problem is, not enough people are watching it.

"At this point, I don't believe its fate has been decided. So if people keep watching, then there's still a chance. Please watch. Tell your friends."

Among the voice actors in Tron: Uprising is genre legend Bruce Boxleitner, reprising his role as Tron. So what does he have to say about the TV series, and will he be back for a third Tron movie?

bruce_boxleitner2A

... Q: BRUCE, WHAT'S YOUR VERDICT ON TRON: UPRISING?


Bruce Boxleitner: "It does not insult you, and I think for very small children it will go right over their heads, but visually, I think it's very exciting. I love the stylisation of it. I couldn't have had a better chin made for me. I have the greatest chin! I could go through a wall with that chin! What I love about it is Tron has aged as Bruce Boxleitner has aged. He's not the young Tron of the first movie; he's a more battle weary, older, experienced version, which I am of my former self!"

Q: IS TRON THE CHARACTER YOU'RE MOST RECOGNISED FOR?


Bruce Boxleitner: "It depends on the audience. Certainly if I'm at San Diego Comic-Con, or at London Expo, then for genre fans, but to a certain age group of women I'll always be Lee Stetson, the Scarecrow (in Scarecrow And Mrs King), and to Western fans I'm Luke Macahan from How The West Was Won. I've been very fortunate to do a lot of great genres, and play good characters in them. With the 30th anniversary of Tron, and with Tron: Uprising now reaching a whole new audience, I guess you could say Tron is the pre-eminent one now..."

No comments:

Post a Comment