Monday, January 2, 2012

Merlin - Nice Girls: Katie McGrath Interview

Source: Nice Girls [follow link for complete interview]

Merlin Jan 6

NICE GIRLS: MERLIN: Katie McGrath Discusses Bad Girl Morgana


by BethAnne
December 29, 2011


Over the past three seasons of Merlin we have watched Morgana grow from sweet, loving BFF for Arthur, through betrayal and hurt, to evil sorceress. Katie McGrath made us feel all of those changes and it will be interesting to see how she will make us dislike her as Merlin and Arthur’s sworn enemy in season 4. It won’t be easy. Morgana is strong and vindictive – and dangerously beautiful. She can be your most intense friend or your worst nightmare. It will be interesting to see if Merlin can break through her armor this season as she becomes the kingdom’s biggest threat.

Katie spoke about Morgana in a recent interview with Syfy...


Photobucket

... QUESTION: You’ve done a number of projects – most notably MERLIN and the upcoming Labyrinth (again with John Hurt) – that take place during medieval times. Are you drawn to this time period? And if you could’ve picked an era to have lived, what would it be and why?

KATIE MCGRATH: "I think this period is drawn to me. Maybe people don’t see me as believable playing a person of today. I guess I’m just more realistic in a corset and funny hairstyles. (laughs) Still, if I could have picked an era to have lived, I think I would’ve loved to have been one of Louis XIV’s mistresses. They were so fantastic and aristocratic, and they had so much power. And he was such a renaissance man. I think I would’ve fit into that nicely..."

Merlin season four premieres Friday, January 6, 2012 at 10/9C on Syfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment