Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sanctuary - Show Patrol: Robert Lawrenson Interview

Source: Show Patrol [follow link for complete interview]

Sanctuary Friday

SANCTUARY - SHOW PATROL: Robert Lawrenson: 'Sanctuary' man of action Declan Macrae

By Curt Wagner
June 6, 2011

Robert Lawrenson was supposed to be in just one episode of "Sanctuary," then director/producer Martin Wood learned he could ride a motorcycle.

"Halfway through I think my first day Martin said to me, 'Do you ride a motorbike?'" said Lawrenson, who plays Declan Macrae, the head of the London Sanctuary. "He said, ... We've got an episode coming up; yeah, I'm liking this Declan character.'

"And the rest is history."

It sure is. Lawrenson has become a fan favorite now that Declan has gone from a possible threat to Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) early in Season 2 to a loyal friend and man of action for the Sanctuary team...

Photobucket

Robin Dunne (Will Zimmerman) and Robert Lawrenson (Declan Macrae)

... Show Patrol: We were talking about Declan's military background. Tell me about the Def Con 5 talent agency.

Robert Lawrenson: "Def Con 5, these boys that Martin Wood gets in to [work on fight scenes]. ... I think some of them are ex-military blokes themselves. They all have very specific training about handling guns and about how to walk into a difficult situation, because when you've got four guys running into a situation you've got to be aware of not shooting each other. If I swing my gun I can't swing it past you, because I could let it off on you. So you have to bring your gun down and up and around and there are all these things you've got to think about that I had absolutely no idea of.

When I came I had never really done any kind of gun work. I did a little bit of work onstage with a gun in theater, but I've never been in anything like this that we were going to be running into these situations military-style. I'd watched "24" and seen them running in and just thought that was great
"

No comments:

Post a Comment