Friday, October 21, 2011

Neverland - Starry Constellation Magazine: Anna Friel, Rhys Ifans & Charlie Rowe Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

Neverland Dec 4

NEVERLAND - STARRY CONSTELLATION MAGAZINE: Anna Friel, Rhys Ifans and Charlie Rowe Interview

by: Jamie Steinberg
October 2011

... Q) What was it like to be part of such a classic story? Was it daunting for you guys, or how did it feel to be involved in something like that?

Rhys Ifans: "It wasn't daunting. I mean, what's daunting is, I guess, that we -- that everyone knows the story of Peter Pan. And what was appealing, I guess, for all three of us is that this goes a long way, if not all the way, to explain how Peter Pan becomes Peter Pan, how he acquires these magical powers and how Captain Hook loses his hand."

Anna Friel: "I have a six-year-old daughter. She just went, "Mommy, there's no way you can't not do 'Neverland.'" She was very excited. She wasn't too happy about the idea that I might potentially kill Peter Pan. She thought that was stupid, but she was very excited about it."

Charlie Rowe: "Yeah. No. I was pretty apprehensive because I, like, have quite big boots to fill. It was great fun, a completely different story to the original story. I think we did it justice..."

Neverland is two-part four hour mini-series, premieres Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 9/8C on Syfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment