Monday, September 5, 2011

Eureka - Daily Dragon Online: Chris Gauthier Interview

Source: Daily Dragon Online [follow link for complete interview]

Eureka season 4.5

EUREKA - DAILY DRAGON ONLINE: At the Café with Chris Gauthier


By Maggie Caracappa
September 4, 2011

On Eureka, Chris Gauthier plays Vincent, the character everyone tells their problems and stories to. This time, he sat down with the Daily Dragon to answer some questions...


... DD: I’m sure emotions were running high as filming was completed on Eureka. How did you handle it?

CG: "I was fine all the way up until the end. Colin [Ferguson] had touched on this yesterday at the panel. It was nice that we got three weeks’ notice that we going to be done. Because lots of shows just get cut off and you don’t get a time to grieve, you don’t get a time to tie up any loose ends, everybody’s gone home for the summer and they find out in their own houses that the show’s not coming back. So it’s like, “Oh, well.” So you don’t get that goodbye, you’ve already distanced yourself from the show. To have that time, it was absolutely precious. I don’t think any of us took it for granted. Everybody was enjoying each other’s presence, enjoying each other’s work. And I didn’t think I was going to cry as much as I did, but then at the very end, when they announced show wrap on Chris Gauthier, the tears just started going. And I’d hug individuals and I’d have something articulated to say to them, but it would come out as [sounds of mush]..."

No comments:

Post a Comment