Monday, August 8, 2011

Eureka - EurWeb: Salli Richardson-Whitfield Interview

Source: EurWeb [follow link for complete interview]

Eureka season 4.5

EUREKA - EURWEB: Salli Richardson Whitfield Discusses Her ‘Eureka’ Directorial Debut and More!

By: Ricardo A. Hazell
August 7, 2011


Salli Richardson Whitfield is remembered by many as a more than capable actress with visual beauty of show-stopping proportions. But Salli has proven time and time again that she is far more than just a pretty face, as was illustrated in the hit indie film “I Will Follow” (available on DVD, Aug. 23, 2011).

Though her chops were on full display in that offering, science fiction fans have been tuning in to watch her play Dr Allison Blake on SyFy’s “Eureka” for since the 2006 TV season. In that span Ms. Richardson Whitfield’s aspirations have expanded past merely being in front of the camera. She has recently directed two episodes of the show, the first of which is slated to air Monday (tonight) at 8pm.

I had the chance to speak with her regarding this wonderful opportunity as well as the absence of African Americans in the sci-fi genre, her career longevity and more...

Photobucket

... “My first episode airs (tonight, Monday, August 8), but I’ve already finished my second episode of directing,” said Richardson Whitfield. “What’s great about my episode is that it’s female driven so not only is the director me, a woman, but I have all the girls from other episodes there. It’s big action and movement, which I found that I love to direct. I like a fast moving pace. The second one I’ve directed is the same kind of thing. It’s a disaster episode with a lot of things happening. It’s really giving me a chance to do something things that most women don’t get a chance to do in film and TV. They never get a chance to do visual effects or action stuff. They’re always given drama. ‘Omega Girl’ airs Monday, and the second, which you probably won’t see until next year, is called ‘Worse Case Scenario’...

No comments:

Post a Comment