Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Torchwood: Miracle Day - What's On TV (UK): John Barrowman Interview

Source: What's on TV (UK) [follow link for complete interview]

Torchwood Miracle Day July 11

TORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY - WHAT'S ON TV (UK): John Barrowman: 'I'd happily play Jack forever!'

Jul 5, 2011

TV Times magazine talks to John Barrowman about the new series of Torchwood...


... Q: Do you still enjoying playing Captain Jack?

John Barrowman: "This is going to sound really cheesy, but I don't care. I didn't ever expect to be involved in Doctor Who and now Torchwood as someone with an American accent, but the fact that Captain Jack was embraced by the British public, and that I, as an openly gay man, play a huge action hero is absolutely one of the biggest gifts that could ever have been given to me. I'm proud to represent that community, but Jack has become a hero to everybody, which is what makes me so thrilled. If someone said to me, 'John, you are only going to play Captain Jack Harkness for the rest of your life', I would be content..."

Torchwood begins on Thursday July 14 at 9pm on BBC1 and premieres in the US on Friday, July 8 at 10/9C on Starz.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment