Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Amanda Tapping - Sanctuary - Vancouver Sun: Amanda Test Drives Tesla

Source: Vancouver Sun [follow link for complete article and to view photos of Amanda and Tesla)

Update: July 1 - Vancouver Sun has an additional article here with more of Amanda Tapping's interview.

Photobucket

AMANDA TAPPING - SANCTUARY - VANCOUVER SUN: An all-electric roadster that’s broken the mold

By Andrew McCredie
June 29, 2011

With a zero to 100 km-h time of under four seconds, I fully expected Amanda Tapping to blow the roof off the Tesla 2.5 Roadster during our Big Wheels drive during a wet afternoon last week.

What I didn’t expect was that the soft bikini top would literally be blown off as the Vancouver-based award-winning actress pushed the electric sports car to near its formidable limits on our drive atop Burnaby Mountain...

Photobucket

...“I love cars,” admits Tapping, who for 10 years starred in the shot-in-Vancouver Stargate SG-1 TV series and for the last four has starred and served as executive producer of the equally popular sci-fi series Sanctuary. “When I was growing up my dad always had company cars, and my favourite one was a LeMans he had for a couple of years. I remember thinking to myself, ‘this is a really cool car...’

No comments:

Post a Comment