Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stargate - SciFi and TV Talk: Sci-Fi Blast From The Past - Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG-1)

Source: SciFi and TV Talk [follow link for complete article]

SG1

SCIFI AND TV TALK: Sci-Fi Blast From The Past - Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG-1)

In today's Sci-Fi Blast From The Past, Amanda Tapping talks about her early days playing Sam Carter on Stargate SG-1.

In Stargate SG-1’s pilot episode Children of the Gods, the Stargate suddenly opens and the Goa’ulds’ guards, the Jaafa, attack the Stargate installation. The new commanding officer of the project General Hammond (Don S. Davis) brings Jack O’Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) out of retirement once again and orders him to take his team back through the Stargate and destroy the portal being used by the Goa’uld. The general also instructs the colonel to find Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) and bring him back with them. He assigns Air Force Captain Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) to assist O’Neill.

“I didn’t like my character that much in the first episode,” says Tapping. “I didn’t dislike her but I thought that her feminist diatribe was a little tiresome and I didn’t want her to be angry all the time. All I could see was this, ‘I’m out to prove myself,’ woman. I wanted her to be a well-rounded individual who is accessible and warm and someone who, especially young girls, could look up to and think, ‘Yes, I can relate to this person.’ Sam has become just that but she still has a ways to go. I think she needs to have a bit more of a personal life and maybe that will come in time, but right now she’s growing and becoming more fun...”

Photobucket

Amanda Tapping from Stargate SG-1's season four episode "Exodus"

No comments:

Post a Comment