Monday, March 21, 2011

The Nerd Appropriate: Jewel Staite Interview +"The Pact" Movie Trailer

Source: The Nerd Appropriate [follow link for complete interview]

THE NERD APPROPRIATE: Jewel Staite: The Nerd Appropriate Interview

Dated: Mar 21 | By: Ash

We all love Jewel Staite ... more than friends. From starship mechanics, to inter-dimensional doctors, Jewel brings a likability and quirky charm to whatever role she inhabits. She’s just a blast to watch on screen. I’ve been a fan of Jewel for a long time, but like many of you she first caught my eye as the unrefined Kaylee Frye on Joss Whendon’s spectacular, yet short lived, series Firefly. After Firefly’s tragic and unwarrented execution, Jewel went on to join the cast of Stargate: Atlantis, as Dr. Jennifer Keller. Last month I had the pleasure of getting a screener for Jewel’s new short film “The Pact” which just premiered at Sundance 2011. The film was terrifying, and made me look at Jewel in a whole new light. Put on your “Jane-Hats“, slap on those creepy blue rubber gloves, because it’s time for Jewel Staite: The Nerd Appropriate Interview...

Photobucket

... NA-Ash: I was lucky enough to interview Nicholas McCarthy who directed you in The Pact, a short horror/suspense film that just premiered at Sundance 2011. The movie scared the hell out of me and I thought that you gave one of the best performances of your career. What can you tell us about the making of this creepy gem?

Jewel: Aw, shucks! Thank you! The Pact came to my attention in a bit of a weird way. Morena Baccarin’s boyfriend is a filmmaker, and he forwarded me the script that a friend of his (Nicholas McCarthy) had written. I totally fell in love with it, so I took a meeting with Nicholas. And then promptly fell in love with him. He’s just brilliant, and I knew it would be a really different experience for me, both professionally and creatively. I haven’t felt that inspired and jazzed about something in a long time. Sam Ball, who played my brother, is such a genius, and Nicholas has this way of talking to actors that really brings out a different side to your skill. I’d work with both of them again in a heartbeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment